Sunday, May 24, 2009

Paris, Land of Buttery Goodness (nomnomnomnom)

My apologies, I have been very remiss in my travel blogging of late. You'll soon see why I was too exhausted to do it while I was a-travelin'.

Although I recently went to swine flu mecca (Mexico), after a two week quarantine it was time to jet off to another continent. Destination: Paris.

I won't go into too much detail because Paris doesn't require much introduction. I have been a few times, but it has been ten years since my last visit. I have to say, the city was lovelier than I had remembered. Even though it was cloudy and rainy for most of my time there, it didn't matter because I was in Paris!

The time I didn't spent walking and walking (and still more walking), was basically spent eating. The French sure have a way with butter. I was determined to eat at least one chocolate croissant a day and I did not fail. Some days I even ate two...



















Other goodies:

Pastries galore!


















Macarons from Laduree. So delicate. So delicious.

















Pastry counter at McDonald's on the Champs Elysee. Yes, THAT McDonald's.















Ham & cheese crepe.

No comments: