Saturday, November 24, 2007

Let the Camel Races Begin!

And so, I'm off to Egypt! It will be my first time in Africa and I can finally put those Egyptian art history classes to use.






















Gippy Tummy
On a side note, I've been a little concerned about dysentery (a/k/a "gippy tummy" or "King Tut's Revenge") in Egypt since folks I know who have traveled there have gotten sick, and from past travel experience it appears that I am more of a fragile flower than I'd like to admit. I asked my mom to get some antibiotics from an uncle in Taiwan. I suggested Cipro--if it's good enough for anthrax it should be good enough for whatever is hurting my stomach, right? She comes back with this bottle of pills:





A wee bit sketchy, if you ask me, but I'm still going to take them along even if there isn't any dosage information or instructions on how to take them. And according to the Ofloxacin website, this will help if I pick up any bacterial skin infections, the clap or pneumonia, yet no mention about enteric infections. Hmmm...

No comments: