Saturday, January 7, 2012

The not-so-windy city

5 and I headed to Chicago for my birthday weekend. Yes, I am fully aware that Chicago in January is a frostbite death wish, but airfares were super cheap and we wanted to get away Funny enough, it was almost 50 degrees here!

Day 1:
Arrive at Chicago O'Hare. I have 2 memories of this airport.
1) The toilets have a plastic seat cover that changes automatically.
2) Running (far) to catch a connecting flight. It's a big airport and connections are always in another corridor. Everyone I know has the same issue w ORD.

Getting to the subway was easy peasy and the fare card machines were exactly like NYC's. Then the epic train ride into town.

We checked in to our hotel and spent the next few hours walking around in the balmy weather.




No comments: