Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Come and knock on our door: San Diego

Okay, Three's Company actually took place in Santa Monica, but I swear there was a scene from the San Diego Zoo in the opening credits.  Same-same.

I went to San Diego for a conference this past weekend.  This was only the second time I've ever been to California (airport layovers not included) and I have to say, the weather was fantastic.  SoCal living, woo-hoo!

It was a very short trip (4 days) and highlights included the seals at La Jolla, and the pandas and koalas (oh my!) at the San Diego Zoo.  Oh, and I had my very first In-N-Out burger.  Please don't send me hate comments, but that burger did not change my life as I had hoped.  I realize it is a favorite of legions, and anyone who formerly lived on the West Coast dreams of them.  It's not that it wasn't good, it just did not blow me away with its awesomeness.

Seals at La Jolla!













There's a panda lurking behind me

Snacking on bamboo

Koala!  They sleep up to 22 hours per day.
I did not get to hug him. Boo.


La Jolla.  I got splashed shortly
after this picture was taken

non-life changing In-N-Out burgers






On the downtown streets of San Diego.
Yeah, that guy is shaking that weight.

No comments: