Friday, October 1, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth (sort of)

It was a rough summer for the family, so it was a nice that we had planned a trip down to Disney World.  I've only been there once, when I was about 5 years old. I don't remember much, except I cried because I was too little to go on Space Mountain.  My mom had promised me that when they opened Epcot that she would take me, but when the time came, I had to choose between a trip to France or a trip to Epcot. 

I'm not stupid.

So I was excited for this trip and that I was FINALLY going to go on Space Mountain!!!  Anyone who has been on Space Mountain as an adult will know that I was very disappointed.  It's basically a crickety old rollercoaster bouncing around in almost complete darkness. 10 year old boys were coming off the ride yelling that it was the best. thing. ever. I guess it could be when you're only 10.

Overall we had a great time--we rented a house with a pool and grilled every night, went to Magic Kingdom, Universal (Harry Potter ride: cool, but makes one queasy), and last but not least, Epcot.  I should also mention that it is damn hot down in Orlando. I don't understand how people can live in those conditions.

Magic Kingdom


With Pooh and Tigger. They were surprisingly clean.




















 Ripsaw water ride. We got drenched








.


This one is Dale, I think.  When I was younger, my sister told me he had a red nose because he was a drunk. I didn't realize until my 20s that she made that up.



















Hogwarts Castle









Greetings from the pool!






No comments: