Sunday, August 30, 2009

48 hours in the MSP

Recently, I mentioned to a friend at work that I was craving a bologna on potato bread sandwich. Her response "Bologna and potato bread? Fortune, you're so ghetto even with all your fancy clothes."

I'm glad I didn't mention how I also like Fritos on white bread sandwiches...

Besides, I don't know if it's ghetto, so much as Midwest. We are the land of Jello mold salads. [I'm not saying it's right...]

So I'm jetting off to the Twin Cities for a quick 48 hours. This means that I only have two days to eat all of my favorites. Here's the plan:


  • Hot mini-donuts from the MN State Fair (one bag minimum, I'm going to try for two)
  • French fries from the MN State Fair
  • Cheese curds from the MN State Fair
  • Something breaded and deep fried on a stick from the MN State Fair
  • Baker's Square french silk pie
  • Dairy Queen Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard
  • Hot Fudge malt from Snuffy's (or Annie's or Malt Shop)
  • Torte slices from Wuollet bakery
  • Vietnamese food in Frogtown
  • Arby's roast beef sandwich
  • Eclairs from a big chain grocery store
  • I've also been thinking of the cheese bread at Carbone's. I was never fond of their pizza, but that bread is good.

I think if I manage to eat all of the above, I will probably have consumed about 10,000 calories to honor every lake we have in that glorious state. Sure I'll feel gross and my jeans will be tight, but it will be awesome!

No comments: